Self-Esteem Books for Kids
The best from six booklists
These self-esteem books for children were recommended on more than one highly regarded list.
Locate a book at a nearby library | Locate a book on Amazon
(links open new windows)
Bibliotherapy Booklist: Children's Books about Self-Esteem
(Titles that appear as links are reviewed on this site)
Appearing on 5 bibliotherapy booklists
- I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson
Appearing on 4 bibliotherapy booklists
- Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman (we have a review of the sequel, Boundless Grace.
Appearing on 3 bibliotherapy booklists
- Arthur's Nose by Marc Brown
- I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
- I'm Gonna Like Me, Letting off a Little Self Esteem by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Little Mo by Martin Waddell
Appearing on 2 bibliotherapy booklists
- An Enchanted Hair Tale by Alexis DeVeaux
- Hooray for Me by Remy Charlip and Lilian Moore
- I Wish I Were a Butterfly by James Howe
- Incredible Me by Kathi Appelt
- Little Red Ant and the Great Big Crumb retold by Shirley Climo
- The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle
- The Rough-Face Girl by Rafe Martin
- So What? by Miriam Cohen
- Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
- "You Look Ridiculous" Said the Rhinoceros to the Hippopotamus by Bernard Waber
Self-Esteem Books for Children Special Mentions
All the children's books about self-esteem below are reviewed on the site.
Self-esteem books for children
For more children's books about self-esteem, you can find the complete lists the above books were drawn from.
- Allen County (Indiana) Public Library
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Logan (Utah) Library
- The Monroe (Indiana) Public Library
- Southern Oregon Pediatrics
- Waltham (Massachusetts) Public Library
Amazon search results for self-esteem books for children.
If your child's self-esteem issues manifest as timidity, you may also be interested in a printable book about shyness available from this site.
The bibliotherapy page contains more booklists.
Best Children's Books - Find, Read or Write home page.