by Zisis Papageorgiou
(N. Artaki - Evia - Greece)
Frog Prince, Skeptical Bee
I studied Mathematics and Graphic Arts in Thesaloniki - Greece.
I'm Chief Designer for a well-known publishing house in Greece that produces printed and CD-ROM illustrations. I am the creator of cartoon characters that are both familiar to and well-loved by children all over Greece.
These very same characters have also starred in the following editions:
1. Peris and Catia. The best children's games CD-ROM, which launched in 2002
2. In Pipis the Computer and His Friends series (2003)
3. In Let's Go to School!, a six CD-ROM series which contained games based on the Greek Primary School subjects (2003)
4. In Peris and Catia at the Olympic Games, a 5 CD-ROM series which launched in 2004, the year of the Athens Olympics
5. In Learning with the PC, a series for primary schoolchildren
6. In a 3 book and 3 CD-ROM series:
a) Learning English on My PC
b) Learning Music on My PC
c) Learning games on My PC (pre-school children)
7. In KIDePEDIA, a 32 volume encyclopedia designed for primary school students, which launched in November, 2008
8. In BABYPEDIA, a 16 volume series for pre-school children
9. In Chefkids, a 10 volume series with cooking instructions and recipes for kids
For all the aforementioned editions, I created, apart from drawings, all of the animations of the cartoon characters.
I also created 3 comic strips for a computer magazine, issued on a monthly basis since 2001.
I can draw anything I'm asked for, but I prefer to draw old style cartoons for children.
I always do sample sketches and 1-2 drawings in the final form when I start a product.
I' m agreeable, and I have never ever missed a deadline.
I began drawing at the age of three and consider myself fortunate to have been able to turn a much-loved hobby into a successful career.
Visit Zisis Papageorgiou.
Click here to post comments
Click here to write your own.
Best Children's Books - Find, Read or Write home page.